Google Scholar Issues

Justin Anders

Mar 14, 2023, 9:17:42 AM3/14/23
to islandora
Hi Everyone,

We're having problems with appearing in Google Scholar and were told by Google to:
  • Include links directly to PDFs in addition to the article URL
    The only way I can see doing this is creating manual links to each PDF, anybody else encounter this and were able to automate it?
  • That some of our content was missing
    When I look at our settings I see 725 items. I don't see any criteria on what to include/exclude, am I missing something?
Thanks!
Justin Anders
Mount Royal University Library

Rosie Le Faive

Mar 15, 2023, 9:17:51 AM3/15/23
to islandora
Hi,

There's an islandora "token" (uses drupal's token system) that is called pdf_url - maybe you can get it to work for you? I was trying the thumbnail token the other day and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. We can discuss on the tech call today.

Don Richards

Mar 15, 2023, 1:26:57 PM3/15/23
to islandora
I suggest adding the link via twig. Something like "islandora/object/%PID%/datastream/PDF". I can't recall what the wildcard syntax is off-hand.