Different thumbnail sizes

gi...@shaw.ca

May 1, 2023, 1:59:19 PM5/1/23
to islandora
Hi folks,

I have uploaded some content via Workbench .csv files.

During ingest some thumbnail files for pdf content were not generated.

I searched for nodes missing thumbnail files using the "Content - Missing Media - Missing Thumbnail Image" and was able to generate the thumbnails successfully.

Problem : Thumbnails generated by Workbench are a different size (77x100) than the thumbnails generated by the missing content module (170x220).

Is there a fix ? Did I miss something ? Or is this a bug ?

Thanks

Untitled.png

Mark Jordan

May 1, 2023, 2:14:20 PM5/1/23
to islandora

Hi Goran,

Interesting. Workbench doesn't generate thumbnails, it just lets Islandora do that via the same action that is used when you create an item via the GUI. I don't know why the thumbnails for items Workbench generates would use different parameters in the microservice that creates the thumnails (which is what appears to be what is happening). Anyone else know?

Mark

May 1, 2023, 2:50:12 PM5/1/23
to islandora
Figured it out... user error - of course.

I generated thumbnail for video (.jpg with bigger resolution)
instead of
thumbnail for digital document (.png with smaller resolution)

It is Monday :-)