Manual Build Instructions, Configuring drupal

William Conlin

Jul 29, 2022, 1:44:49 PM7/29/22
to islandora
I'm so close to having a clean site from the manual build instructions. (which I know are probably pretty out of date...)

I'm at this step:
https://islandora.github.io/documentation/installation/manual/configuring_drupal/#enabling-downloaded-components

I'm getting an odd error (odd because the module is installed, and enabled)
`In PmCommands.php line 308:
Unable to install modules search_api_solr_defaults due to missing modules search_api_solr_defaults.
In PmCommands.php line 308:
Unable to install modules rdf, responsive_image, syslog, serialization, basic_auth, rest, restui, search_api_solr, search_api_solr_defaults, facets, content_browser, pdf, admin_toolbar, islandora_defaults, controled_access_terms_defaults, islandora_breadcrumbs, isandora_iiif, islandora_oaimph due to missing search_api_solr_defaults

But if I try and enable: "drush en -y 'm so close to having a clean site from the manual build instructions. (which I know are probably pretty out of date...)

I'm at this step:
https://islandora.github.io/documentation/installation/manual/configuring_drupal/#enabling-downloaded-components

I'm getting an odd error
`In PmCommands.php line 308:
Unable to install modules search_api_solr_defaults due to missing modules search_api_solr_defaults.
In PmCommands.php line 308:
Unable to install modules rdf, responsive_image, syslog, serialization, basic_auth, rest, restui, search_api_solr, search_api_solr_defaults, facets, content_browser, pdf, admin_toolbar, islandora_defaults, controled_access_terms_defaults, islandora_breadcrumbs, isandora_iiif, islandora_oaimph due to missing search_aip_solr_defaults
"
Unable to install modules  search_api_solr_defaults due to missing modules search_api_solr_defaults.

I'm sure this is a pretty obscure question, bc I doubt anyone is using the current Manual Build instructions that are available on the Documentation page, bc I know there are a lot of updates to this based on any current isle-dc or ansible build.

Thanks for any help, or advice to just stop using the manual build instructions (so I can tell my boss we should just use isle-dc).

Rosie Le Faive

Jul 29, 2022, 1:59:50 PM7/29/22
to islandora
Search API Solr Defaults was removed as of the latest version of Search Api Solr. Just remove it from your install list.

If you install Islandora Defaults, I think it sets up the solr config anyways.

William Conlin

Jul 29, 2022, 2:28:02 PM7/29/22
to islandora
Thanks as usual

Rosie Le Faive

Jul 30, 2022, 9:17:57 AM7/30/22
to islandora
Do you have an update on how it went?

Islandora Defaults is a special kind of module - a Feature - and it doesn't work the same as other modules. Aside from enabling it (drush en) you may have to "feature import" it (drush fim islandora_defaults).

I didn't see that in the manual instructions.

When islandora Defaults is properly installed, you should see a Content Type called Repository Item. And some matching config under Configuration - Search and Metadata - Search API -  (default solr index) - Fields.

William Conlin

Aug 1, 2022, 9:28:54 AM8/1/22
to islandora
Yes, thanks for following up,

I was able to disable and remove search_api_solr_defaults. I do have a content type of repository item, so I think installing islandora_defaults went fine. currently I can't select a model when trying to create a repository item. but I'm not sure if I missed something.

I think at this step in the documentation it does enable islandora_defaults, as well as search_api_solr_defaults. I had to scroll a bit to the right in the codeblock. https://islandora.github.io/documentation/installation/manual/configuring_drupal/#enabling-downloaded-components.

I think right now I'm getting an error regarding fedora connection (I'll fiddle with it, I'm sure everyone is busy getting ready for the conference.)
when I try and add content type (media) to the islandora core I get an error:
  • Cannot connect to message broker at tcp://localhost:61613
    I've tried using the ip of my virtualmachine. but no luck yet.

Rosie Le Faive

Aug 2, 2022, 5:37:13 AM8/2/22
to islandora
If you can't select a model, that may be from skipping this section:

Running Feature Migrations

Finally, to get everything up and running, run the Islandora Core Features and Islandora Defaults migrations.

cd /opt/drupal sudo -u www-data drush -y -l localhost --userid=1 mim --group=islandora

If you can't connect to tcp://localhost:61613 i don't know what to tell you, that port number (or any port number) is not mentioned in Installing Karaf and Alpaca, which is what installs ActiveMQ, which as I understand it is the thing opaquely referred to as a "broker".

I'm sorry.