Summer of Islandora - July Recap

jmlynaryk

Aug 3, 2021, 12:21:10 PM8/3/21
to islandora

Hi Everyone,

Last week we held our second Summer of Islandora session. Between our presentations and Q&A sessions, we saw high attendance and lots of positive engagement! These sessions are planned to continue through the month during our regularly scheduled Open Meeting time slots (the last Tuesday of each Month, 10-2 Eastern).

In case you missed us, here are the video recordings of the presentation portions of the event:

Next Event/Call for Mini-Presentations

We would love to see you at our next session on August 31st, 2021 from 10:00am-2:00pm Eastern. You can find all session information on our new Summer of Islandora webpage! A schedule of events will be posted in the coming weeks.

Do you have an Islandora-related project, demonstration, or update that you would love to share? For our August Summer of Islandora session, we are looking for 5-10 "Lightning Talk" presentations on how Islandora is currently used across our community. Lightning Talks are usually 5-10 minutes in length, and are centred around one topic or theme. The content can be as general or as detailed as you see fit!

To propose a Lightning Talk, please email Jenna Mlynaryk at jmly...@islandora.ca by August 12th with the title or topic of your presentation/demo. All proposals will be confirmed by August 16th.

Wishing everyone a great week, and hope to see you at our August session!