ISLE on Proxmox VM

Theo

Apr 28, 2022, 11:55:46 AM4/28/22
to islandora
Hi!

I just installed ISLE on a Proxmox virtual machine (VM) running Ubuntu 20.04. How do I get access to ISLE when all containers are up and running? Feels like everything is prepared for working on a ordinary laptop, but not on a VM or server, or am I missing something? Neither aliases like https://islandora.traefik.me/ or the VM:s IP-adress are working for me...

Regards,
Theo

Theo

Apr 29, 2022, 4:11:58 AM4/29/22
to islandora
I managed to come up with an answer to my question, so I thought I might just as well share it here if it helps someone else.

I have yet not solved how to access Islandore through my local network, but through adding my domain name in the .env file (DOMAIN=my-domain.org) and then rebuild and run the new docker-compose.yml file (make -B docker-compose.yml && make build && docker-compose up -d) I can now access ISLE through the domain name I specified in the .env file (yes, I also needed to link the public DNS-entry with the local IP-address of the VM where ISLE is installed). Luckily I have an authentification system in place, so it's still possible to contol who has access to ISLE during this initial development phase.

// Theo

Mark Jordan

Apr 29, 2022, 1:09:09 PM4/29/22
to islandora

Theo, thanks for posting your solution. If you're interested, join our slack, it's fairly active:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdXbk6debcNd3x9ASQEI7FWA3rall7vCfAVKCQQMaP6WGxcFQ/viewform

Mark