Islandora Open Meeting 4/30, noon-2 pm ET

Amy Blau

Apr 25, 2024, 3:06:44 PMApr 25
to Islandora Community

Hello, Islandora!

We hope you can join us for the April Open Meeting!  (Tuesday 4/30, noon - 2 pm ET)  We will have a presentation from Chris Day of the Metadata Interest Group about Institutional Repository-related fields and taxonomies that can be implemented in Islandora. We will open the floor again to brief show & tell and some Open Q&A time. Luke Taylor from DGI will also provide some updates about extended support options for Islandora 7 and some new modules at DGI.

In addition to presentations, demos, and Q&A, we want to open up discussions on where you are and what’s working / where you have challenges. We plan to have breakout rooms for community members who are currently still using Islandora 7, for community members who are in the process of migrating to the new Islandora, and for community members who have either migrated or set up a new site in the new Islandora. Or perhaps other communities of practice will emerge… We hope that facilitating these conversations will help community members find useful resources and conversation partners, and will help point to useful directions for Islandora going forward.

Register for a calendar and Zoom invitation here

If you have other ideas about topics to cover in Open Meetings, you can let us know here.

Thanks, hope to see you there!

Amy

On behalf of the Islandora Coordinating Committee