Can we please have an .ova again ?

gi...@shaw.ca

Jan 26, 2023, 7:18:46 PM1/26/23
to islandora
Hi folks,

been trying to set up an Islandora 8 demo for the last few days using the Docker demo instructions.

Tried on a Windows 10 VMWare VM, Windows 10 PM and Ubuntu Desktop 22.04 PM

On Windows 10 (VM and PM) get big spikes in memory usage. When I eventually get the page to load it is very slow. Once I got it to work reasonably OK but the collections were missing thumbnails.

On Ubuntu desktop ran into HSTS errors preventing access to the site. Cleaned out browser history and ensured certificate was written to browser database but no joy.

This should not be so painful.

Does anybody have an .ova file that they are willing to share so I can get this going on Oracle VM virtualbox ?

Thanks

Kirsta Stapelfeldt

Jan 27, 2023, 9:00:04 AM1/27/23
to islandora
Hello! If somebody can export one, I think I have space to put it up for downloading!

gi...@shaw.ca

Jan 27, 2023, 1:36:28 PM1/27/23
to islandora
Thanks Kirsta !

Even a slightly older V8 will work...does not have to be the latest version. I am sure there is one somewhere in the archives of the Islandora site webmaster.

Kirsta Stapelfeldt

Jan 27, 2023, 1:54:44 PM1/27/23
to islandora

gi...@shaw.ca

Jan 27, 2023, 5:04:05 PM1/27/23
to islandora
Yes. It works. Importing into VBox now...Thank you