Employment opportunity at Simon Fraser University - Web and Data Services Developer in the Digital Humanities Innovation Lab

Mark Jordan

Nov 4, 2022, 5:37:33 PM11/4/22
to islandora

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to share the following employment opportunity at Simon Fraser University.

The Digital Humanities Innovation Lab (DHIL) invites applications for a Web and Data Services Developer (job description is attached). This is a full-time, continuing (subject to funding) position at SFU with a salary range of $75,285 - $89,904.00 CAD annually (APSA Grade 10). This position will include both remote and in-person work at SFU.

The Web and Data Services Developer collaborates with colleagues in the DHIL and faculty members from the Humanities and Social Sciences to build, develop, and maintain custom web-based digital humanities applications, including digital exhibits, digital editions, and bibliographic databases. See the DHIL’s project page for some examples of the kinds of projects we build.

We are looking for someone with experience with digital humanities methods, tools, and technologies, who is enthusiastic about tackling complex computational challenges in the digital humanities. Preferred programming languages include PHP, JavaScript, or Python; knowledge of XSLT, XQuery, and Java would also be an asset. While several DHIL projects are currently made accessible via Islandora, as SFU Library move to Islandora 2, we expect that more projects will interact with Islandora via its HTTP APIs.

The posting and job description are attached and also available on the SFU Human Resources website: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=4515

The application deadline is Sunday, November 20, 2022.

Please feel free to share this position with anyone who you think might be interested. If you have any questions about the position, let me know!

Mark

Mark Jordan
Associate Dean of Libraries, Digital Strategy
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Voice: 778.782.5753 / Fax: 778.782.3023
mjo...@sfu.ca

I respectfully acknowledge the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), q̓íc̓əy̓ (Katzie), and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) Nations and peoples on whose ancestral and unceded lands the three SFU campuses are located. As a settler on these lands, I am grateful and humbled to live, work, and learn on them.

WebAndDataServicesDeveloper_JobDescription.pdf