timing-out IIIF manifest generation

Matthew Lincoln

Feb 2, 2021, 9:37:22 AM2/2/21
to islandora-dev
I’m just getting up to speed on I8, and our team is seeing the IIIF Manifest view (at {domain}/node/{##}/manifest) gets tremendously bogged down for paged items with more than a dozen images.

I’ve seen a few comments on the Islandora 8 slack to that effect, though few answers other than fiddling with timeout periods - which seems unsatisfactory. How have people been addressing it? At this stage, we’re experimenting with pre-rendering manifests completely because the dynamically-generated ones are unusable - though I'm uncomfortable straying from the built-in patterns in I8. Thoughts?

-Matt Lincoln

--

Matthew Lincoln, Ph.D (he/him)
Collections Information Architect