New Committer: Bryan Brown

Melissa Anez

Sep 15, 2020, 11:14:32 AM9/15/20
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com
The Islandora 8 Committers have asked Bryan Brown to become a Committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.

Bryan has been a significant contributor to Islandora for several years and has been a very active 7.x Committer (and release manager!). He has been supporting the development of Islandora 8 since it was still in the design phase, and has been a key leader in the community conversation around how to best support IR needs in Islandora. Recently, he has been solving some pretty important use cases in Islandora 8 with tools like Tombstones (https://www.drupal.org/project/tombstones) and Embargoes (https://www.drupal.org/project/embargoes). We're very lucky to have him.
Further details of the rights and responsibilities of being a Islandora committer can be found here:
https://islandora.github.io/documentation/contributing/committers/

Regards,
- Melissa Anez

Project & Community Manager