Call for community sprint: November 29th - December 15th

Islandora Community

Oct 26, 2021, 8:21:23 AM10/26/21
to island...@googlegroups.com, isla...@googlegroups.com

* Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear Islandorians,

Following up on the announcement on October 1st,  we are happy to announce the call for participants in a community-led sprint from Monday, November 29th to Wednesday, December 15th, 2021.

We ask that those interested in participating in this next iteration of Islandora sign up on this google spreadsheet and indicate their top interests for the sprint in the appropriate column so we can begin to organize our work for this period.

Planning for the sprint will be finalized in the Open Tech call on November 17th, so please sign up by then and attend this meeting.

Not a developer? Not a problem - we are looking for help in many forms. If you can document, communicate, facilitate, or test, we would love to have you.

Have your say!

We welcome feedback on the use cases for Islandora. To give your opinion or promote a use case, please visit the list of use cases in our Islandora Github issues queue, summarized from your responses to last fall’s feature survey, the feature parity document developed by the Islandora Committers, and the recent ICG report (see issue mapping summary). We continue to work on bringing over use cases from the current use case list tab of this spreadsheet.

Please add a “heart” and feel free to add comments on those issues most pressing to you. You will need to sign up for a Github account in order to comment and provide feedback on an issue. The feedback will be reviewed beginning in the Open Tech call on November 10th meeting to inform sprint planning.

Don’t see your use case?

Please feel free to add an additional use case using the use case template, or send your feedback to comm...@islandora.ca. Please review existing use cases before adding a new one.

If you have questions or comments about this process, please feel free to reach out to Rosie LeFaive, Nat Kanthan, or Kirsta Stapelfeldt on Slack or by email.

Looking forward to working with you.

Best,

Nat Kanthan natk...@gmail.com

Rosie LeFaive rlef...@upei.ca