Bitcoin Mining PRs

Danny Lamb

Feb 10, 2021, 10:35:46 AM2/10/21
to islandora, islandora-dev
Hey Everyone,

On islandora_defaults I've just closed a PR and shut down the Travis jobs it spun up.  Someone (or some script) is issuing PRs that change our .travis.yml files from running PHP tests to mining bitcoin.

If you see someone trying to hijack our CI workflows, close the PR the second you see it and cancel the Travis jobs. If Github permissions don't let you do that, then notify me and I'll take care of it.

I've reported this incident to both Github and TravisCI.

Not that we need to live in constant fear of this nonsense (as if we don't have enough of that already in 2021!), but keep an eye out and feel free to reach out if you see something fishy.

--
- Daniel Lamb

Tech Lead
Islandora Foundation