Master -> Main Rename

Danny Lamb

Aug 12, 2020, 8:53:08 AM8/12/20
to islandora, islandora-dev
Everyone,

The Islandora community has, since its inception, tried to create an inclusive and welcoming place for everyone.  To that effect, the Islandora Coordinating Committee has voted to rename our master branches to main in Github.  We will also be scouring the codebase for any references to black/white lists and replace them with allow/deny lists.

We are aware that the branch renaming may affect those who have deployment processes specifically targeting a master branch.  In order to give folks time to adapt, we'll be creating the main branch but will leave the master branch dangling for two weeks.  This means you'll have until Wednesday, August 26th to change any references in your code from master to main.  By the end of day on the 26th, we will be deleting the master branches entirely.

--
- Daniel Lamb

Tech Lead
Islandora Foundation