Benchmark question

chuck wu

Apr 15, 2024, 1:16:56 PMApr 15
to isl Development
Hello everyone,
I am trying to find a benchmark similar to PolyBench that can be compiled by PPCG but has multiple SCoPs  in a program.
Ex:
{
#pragma scop
scop1...
#pragma endscop

maybe some function calls or others can break the SCoP property

#pragma scop
scop2...
#pragma endscop
}

Are there any suggestions for benchmark or opinion for this request?

Chuck

chuc...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2024, 1:16:56 PMApr 15
to isl Development
Hello every one,

I am trying to find a benchmark similar to PolyBench that can be compiled by PPCG but has multiple SCoPs in a program.
Ex:
{
#pragma scop
scop1...
#pragma endscop

function calls or others can break the SCoP property

#pragma scop
scop2...
#pragma endscop
}

Are there any suggestions for benchmark or opinions on this request?

Chuck

Sven Verdoolaege

Apr 15, 2024, 3:26:10 PMApr 15
to chuck wu, isl Development
I'm not aware of any.

It may help if you explain what you would need it for.

skimo

Dmitry N. Mikushin

Apr 15, 2024, 4:27:23 PMApr 15
to chuck wu, isl Development
Hi, Chunk,

In principle karpathy/llm.c and ggerganov/whisper.cpp should serve well as "benchmarks" of the described kind. There, you can find self-contained C/C++ source, where SCoP-able tensor functions are interleaved with possibly non-SCoP logic. The code is not prepared for PPCG, but worth doing. I would definitely try to work out a benchmark out of them at my earliest research opportunity.

Hope this helps,
- Dmitry.

пн, 15 апр. 2024 г. в 21:26, Sven Verdoolaege <sven.ver...@telenet.be>:
--

---
Message has been deleted

chuc...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2024, 10:46:26 PMApr 15
to isl Development
> It may help if you explain what you would need it for.

I am working on finding opportunity of merging SCoPs to get more optimization space.
So, I want to find some benchmarks which have this scenario.

chuc...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2024, 10:57:58 PMApr 15
to isl Development
> In principle karpathy/llm.c and ggerganov/whisper.cpp should serve well as "benchmarks" of the described kind. There, you can find self-contained C/C++ source, where SCoP-able tensor functions are interleaved with possibly non-SCoP logic. The code is not prepared for PPCG, but worth doing. I would definitely try to work out a benchmark out of them at my earliest research opportunity.

Thank you very much for the advice, I will give it a look.

Chuck
maem...@gmail.com 在 2024年4月16日 星期二凌晨4:27:23 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: