Antivirus CAVA with local user

Diego Ojeda

Jun 3, 2024, 11:09:17 PMJun 3
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to configure the antivirus function with the CAVA protocol. One requirement is to use AD as the authentication provider. Does anyone know if local user is supported instead of AD?

Thanks in advance

Chris Klosterman

Jun 4, 2024, 12:42:35 PMJun 4
to Isilon Technical User Group

Isilon doesn't support CAVA, it (and most modern NAS devices) use the ICAP protocol instead.  CAVA was specific to the Celerra/VNX.
~CK

Luc Simard

Jun 7, 2024, 8:50:19 PMJun 7
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chris

I hope all is well on your end, shoot me a message on LinkedIn when you have some cycles, it would be great to catch up.

Unfortunately this is not accurate, OneFS started to integrate CAVA w/OneFS v9.1 if memory serves. AD is the way to go. You will need to level up your base OneFS code to 9.6.x+, 9.8x being “new” may not be palatable for some. I’d recommend you contact your Dell Support Team/SE or Sales Teams for advice on which they feel is best. Make sure to update your node firmware and disk firmware , the new version of OneFS needs those updates for a flight without turbulence. Check the compatibility guide available online on the CS page.

PDF:

Cheers.

Diego Ojeda

Jun 7, 2024, 8:50:19 PMJun 7