var partition over 85% capacity

Ivan Kostic

Mar 4, 2024, 5:51:20 PMMar 4
to Isilon Technical User Group
Hi everyone,
I hope that someone can help me!

I have cluster with four NL410, and I joined eight A200 nodes.

isi status.jpg

I got the event that I need to install driver package (reason: unknown firmware for HDD)
Installation of driver package was stuck after few minutes.

Current status has been standing for several days:
isi patches list.jpg

In the same time , I got warning event that var partitions on three NL410 nodes are over 85% capacity.
nod1.jpg

I listed all files in the /var partition that are greater than 5 MB.
nod1 list files over 5mn.jpg

Can I delete some files from "var" partition, for example files with tar extension?
Will something bad happen if I delete that files?.
Is this safe and normal action for stable and properly operation of the cluster?
Can I cancel the driver installation package until I clean var partition and how?

Thanks,
Ivan.

Luc Simard

Mar 4, 2024, 6:52:21 PMMar 4
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com

If you have an active support contract on these nodes, contact support.

If not , you can try this :

Uninstall your node firmware package if installed, install the latest DSP ( disk fw) , reboot the node that locked up, re-install, try again.

Once the DSP updated all drive, make sure to install and roll upgrade the node FW on the nodes.

Install

Cheers.

/ls

Luc Simard
Personal Email:
simard.J...@gmail.com
Mobile Vox: 415-501-0438
Washington State, USA

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2024, at 14:51, 'Ivan Kostic' via Isilon Technical User Group <isilon-u...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

[...]

Ivan Kostic

Mar 7, 2024, 5:44:54 AMMar 7
to Isilon Technical User Group
HI Luc,

Thansk for the advice.

Dell support soled the problem with all Var partitions.
They did that what you advised. :)

Thanks a lot....

Ivan.