isi_vol_copy_vnx - failed to start isi_emctar

Anubhav Ahuja

Jan 18, 2024, 11:59:24 AMJan 18
to Isilon Technical User Group
Hey Team,

I was using isi vol copy vnx to migrate some data off of vnc. I was successful moving 9 file system when all of a sudden i started getting an error:

Migration-id : 35, run-id : 0

LogMessage {type NDMP_LOG_DBG} {msg_id 0} {msg The process id for NDMP service is 0x15a56a10} {associated_msg 0} {associated_msg_seq 0}

Source filer:DartOS

accept: Software caused connection abort

Failed to start isi_emctar

Has anyone see this error before and can help me figure it out.

Thanks in advance

Anubhav Ahuja

Jan 18, 2024, 6:13:14 PMJan 18
to Isilon Technical User Group
I was using the incorrect server_export # that why I was getting the error. The File System was on Server_3 and I was using the IP address of server_2. After changing the IP, it is working again. The migration is still going on. Hopefully it finishes without an error.

Michael Ebert

Jan 19, 2024, 7:54:50 AMJan 19
to Isilon Technical User Group
Out of curiosity, what version of OneFS are you running on your cluster?

Regards,

Anubhav Ahuja

Jan 19, 2024, 7:59:21 AMJan 19
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
9.3

Thanks and Regards
Anubhav Ahuja

Jean-Didier stefaniak

Jan 24, 2024, 7:05:30 AMJan 24
to Isilon Technical User Group
FYI isi_vol_copy is no longer supported as of OneFS8.2 :  https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000078962?lang=en

You are exposing yourself to potential painful times if something goes wrong with this migration path you have chosen; as you will not get any support.