Isilon Smartfail is stuck/slow

Anubhav Ahuja

Mar 23, 2023, 11:31:23 AM3/23/23
to Isilon Technical User Group
Hi People.

I have a question around smartfailing the nodes. I started smartfailing the last two nodes in the cluster a while back, may be a couple of weeks. I still see the data utilization on the cluster not going down at all. Do you think if smartfail is stuck somewhere?

Thanks

Anurag Chandra

Mar 23, 2023, 11:32:30 AM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Isi job status -V to check status of the flexprotect job

Ebert, Michael

Mar 23, 2023, 11:34:46 AM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com

Anubhav Ahuja

Mar 23, 2023, 11:36:32 AM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
No flex protect is running.

--
Thanks and Regards
Anubhav Ahuja

Anubhav Ahuja

Mar 23, 2023, 11:37:22 AM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Node is 60 TB. Utilized space is around 31TB and it is at the same 31TB for some time.

Ebert, Michael

Mar 23, 2023, 12:22:54 PM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
FlexProtect is the job that orderly moves data off the node in preparation for the SmartFail to complete.  I would suggest opening an SR with Dell.

Hector Barrera

Mar 23, 2023, 12:26:05 PM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
You can also run the flexprotect job manually if it's not running.

Hector.

Anubhav Ahuja

Mar 23, 2023, 12:32:39 PM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
I tried running the job manually and it is timing out. The nodes are out of maintenance so cant open an SR with support. I will try and run it again. I have one more cluster where the nodes are smartfailing. 4 out of 8 have smartfailed.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Isilon Technical User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/isilon-user-group/CAF0ZAj%3DhBZSu1uNT2JSen1iMcMbT7eD7xKevBro_b7EU9kN-Hg%40mail.gmail.com.

Anurag Chandra

Mar 23, 2023, 1:39:01 PM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com

Anubhav Ahuja

Mar 23, 2023, 1:53:08 PM3/23/23
to Isilon Technical User Group
The error code is "Timed out waiting for REST response data on Socket 3"

Anubhav Ahuja

Mar 23, 2023, 2:01:25 PM3/23/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
On the other cluster where the smartfail is going on right now. I see the FlexProtect running.