node cpu/memory utilization monitoring?

Matt Weasner

Sep 20, 2023, 5:36:52 PM9/20/23
to Isilon Technical User Group
What are folks using to monitor CPU and memory utilization on their Isilon nodes, in real time? Ie - generate an alert//snmp trap when usage hits a certain threshold. We're running 9.4.0.14 code. Thanks for any suggestions!

Best,
Matt

Ebert, Michael

Sep 20, 2023, 7:30:02 PM9/20/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Check out InsightIQ.  It's free and does way more than cpu/ram/network monitoring.

Mike

Saker Klippsten

Sep 20, 2023, 7:44:05 PM9/20/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
If you want something that works for other parts of your network and infrastructure besides just Isilon .  Check out Zabbix

-S

Berlin Vijayakumar

Sep 20, 2023, 9:45:33 PM9/20/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Mike\Matt,

InsightIQ is a perfect tool for analyzing all kind of isilon performance data but we can't find RAM utilisation there.

Thanks,
Berlin

bob flynn

Sep 21, 2023, 11:36:37 AM9/21/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
insightiq and python to isilon api to feed into monitoring system - to get above and quota status

Grace Thompson

Sep 21, 2023, 11:41:16 AM9/21/23
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Isilon API + python code + Datadog

Matt Weasner

Sep 21, 2023, 1:00:23 PM9/21/23
to Isilon Technical User Group
thanks all. we have InsightIQ, but as far as I knew it didn't do alerting.

this sounds like the answer though!

thanks!

Matt