Replace External Switch 10G

Hoang Thanh Khuyen

Mar 21, 2024, 10:51:14 PMMar 21
to Isilon Technical User Group
Hi everyone,
I have less knowledge about Dell Isilon, Could you please advise me about replace external switch for Isilon cluster.
My Isilon cluster 4 nodes A200 and 5 nodes X210 using 2 external switch 10gbps which were stacked for production.
Option 1:
should i replace switch one by one - mean power off 1 old switch and waiting for all interface up and do the same with the second switch?
Option 2:
power off both external switch and replace them all ?

Thanks so much

Luc Simard

Mar 22, 2024, 3:07:11 PMMar 22
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
If you can afford option 2, best option.

If not , option , replace switch B first , wait 15 min, validate cluster health, power off A,  replace A

Cheers.

/ls

Luc Simard
Personal Email:
simard.J...@gmail.com
Mobile Vox: 415-501-0438
Washington State, USA

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2024, at 19:51, Hoang Thanh Khuyen <khuy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

bob flynn

Apr 2, 2024, 1:14:17 PMApr 2
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
general =

isi status after that its more specific, but this is a good starting point.

On Fri 29 Mar 2024, 17:06 Hoang Thanh Khuyen, <khuy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Luc,
Thank you for your advice, could you please help me the command to check the Isilon cluster health ?
Reagrads,

Anurag Chandra

Apr 5, 2024, 5:34:45 PMApr 5
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
There is a healthcheck you could run to verify backend connectivity

Hector Barrera

Apr 5, 2024, 5:34:48 PMApr 5
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com