cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option “-fno-objc-arc”

mouse.c...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2013, 7:19:31 AM10/10/13
to isg...@googlegroups.com

I am using ISGL3d game engine with my project, in which I am using StoryBoards. From initial level, in my project I enabled ARC and used APPLE LLVM Compiler 4.2, in Xcode 4.6. With this setting I completed my storyboard work.

When I come to the second level ISGL3D game engine integration, I found it uses LLVM GCC 4.2 compiler with disabled ARC. So, I did set Build Settings > Build Options > Compiler for C/C++/Objective-C to LLVM GCC 4.2, as well as I also disabled ARC for ISGL3d Library Files, using, Build Phases > Compile Sources > ISGL3D files -fno-objc-arc.

As per my research I also changed few things in build settings-

Compiler For Thumb - NO

Uninitialised Automatic Variable - NO

But still, I am getting many errors -

cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-objc-arc"

expected * before *

I am completely get suffered with this issue. Please help me out of this. Thank you in advance.

mouse.c...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2013, 7:27:03 AM10/16/13
to isg...@googlegroups.com
I was using very old version of ISLG3d game engine which supports only GCC compiler. Finally I removed the ISGL3d Libraries and then I used the version which supports the LLVM GCC 4.2 compiler. Now, it's working fine.