Drawing lines again

dramaticlook

Sep 19, 2011, 2:56:46 PM9/19/11
to isgl3d
I had a question about drawing lines few days ago. OK its not in the
API but someway can not we draw one using pure openglES assuming views
and buffers are already opened.

cometlinear

Sep 24, 2011, 10:57:03 AM9/24/11
to isgl3d
Hey Stuart,

Since you are back, could you please advise us on the best practice
for calling glDrawArrays within isgl3d?

Thanks!!!!

Stuart Caunt

Sep 24, 2011, 1:07:04 PM9/24/11
to isg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In the current version of isgl3d lines are not supported but I'll try to get this feature included over the next few days.

You could also try adding an Isgl3dRenderPhaseCallback to the Isgl3dDirector to hook into before/after render phases to implement your own OpenGL. Or even hack the render method of Isgl3dView to add custom opengl calls during the render cycle of a particular view... maybe even add your own type of node that implements a specific render method based on the mesh or particle renderers.

Sorry for the delay but I'll let you know when the lines are fully integrated into the framework...

All the best,
Stuart

cometlinear

Sep 24, 2011, 1:30:45 PM9/24/11
to isgl3d
Thank you so much Stuart. You have done a brilliant job with this
framework.

-j

On Sep 24, 10:07 am, Stuart Caunt <stuart.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the current version of isgl3d lines are not supported but I'll try to get
> this feature included over the next few days.
>
> You could also try adding an Isgl3dRenderPhaseCallback to the Isgl3dDirector
> to hook into before/after render phases to implement your own OpenGL. Or
> even hack the render method of Isgl3dView to add custom opengl calls during
> the render cycle of a particular view... maybe even add your own type of
> node that implements a specific render method based on the mesh or particle
> renderers.
>
> Sorry for the delay but I'll let you know when the lines are fully
> integrated into the framework...
>
> All the best,
> Stuart

Christian Hansen

Jan 29, 2013, 4:38:15 AM1/29/13
to isg...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I've just begun working with ISGL3D and haven't found a way to render lines - did you find a solution for this?

I'm parsing a special model format that also contains elements which should be rendered as lines, and I would really like to work with ISGL3D as it looks so clean and simple.

Thanks.

Christian

Frank Mlinar

Feb 16, 2013, 12:03:03 PM2/16/13
to isg...@googlegroups.com
Christian,
I am also new to ISGL3D (and iOS programming), and I have also been trying to draw lines for plotting 3D data (GPS and heart rate monitor stuff). My work around is to generate lots of nodes. I don't know if ISGL3D is a good choice for what I want to do but it is the one I am working with now.
Frank