Welcome to 2017 from ISDDE Chair Lynne McClure

1 view

Lynne McClure

Jan 29, 2017, 5:11:47 PM1/29/17
to isdde-fello...@googlegroups.com, isdde-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,
Firstly belated wishes for a healthy and peaceful 2017.  It seems a long time now since many of us met in Utrecht in September for the informative and stimulating programme that Maarten Pieters and his team organised for us - for which we owe many thanks.  This year we shall be returning to the US for our annual conference and meeting near San Francisco from 6th to 9th November. This change of usual date is in response to requests from delegates to consider an alternative because early in the academic year is difficult for some colleagues to be able to travel. Please put the date in your diaries now!
ISDDE operates thanks to a small but beautifully formed Executive. All of its members contribute to one or more of the jobs that need to be done - whether that is conference organising, editing Educational Designer, looking after membership or sending out the newsletter, etc. On your behalf I'd like to thank Susan McKenney for all her sterling work as chair and, in anticipation of smooth running during my next two years, to extend appreciation to the exec. for their continued input and expertise.
A couple of other items - the number of fellows and members increases at a pleasing rate. Besides the advantages of joining our community and benefitting from the intellectual capital, being invited to join as either a member of a fellow has already been acknowledged as an attractive addition to a CV. Please do encourage both established and up-and- coming designers to join. And Susan has already reminded us of the competition for a new ISDDE logo. Do please encourage creative colleagues to contribute. We anticipate using this as a launchpad for restructuring the website and our social media presence.
I look forward to working with you over the next couple of years. If you have any questions or suggestion regarding ISDDE please don't hesitate to drop me a line.
Best
Lynne
--
Lynne McClure