Reporting abuse from firewall logs about IPv6 addresses

Freek

Sep 17, 2012, 4:07:47 AM9/17/12
to iscds...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if there is any work going on about reporting abuse or unwanted
traffic from IPv6 addresses. Currently the script I am using, iptables.pl, gives an
error when it finds an IPv6 address in the firewall log. It does not end up in
the report and I included a line_exclude= parameter to prevent this.

Currently I have not seen any abuse from such an address, but the time is not
far away when this will occur.

Johannes Ullrich

Sep 17, 2012, 10:37:19 AM9/17/12
to iscds...@googlegroups.com
we are working on it. expect it before the end of the year.
> --
> Need IPv6 Training? See http://www.ipv6securitytraining.com . IPv6 Security Training

Attend SANSFIRE 2012 in Washington DC, July 7-15! This unique event features more than 40 courses and is powered by the Internet Storm Center (ISC). ISC handlers share riveting talks on their most interesting experiences and newest cyber hazards. http://www.sans.org/info/100954

Johannes B. Ullrich, Ph.D., GIAC GCIA, SANS Technology Institute, (757) 726 7528, twitter: johullrich; http://isc.sans.edu