Re: ISCCP H-series via opendap/THREDDS server

Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal

Feb 12, 2019, 6:59:36 AM2/12/19
to Robert Pincus, ISCCP-QA
Hi
ISCCP H series THREDDS access is linked from this page:

Which leads to this page:

If there are problems with these links, we would put you in contact with someone on the NCEI data access team since our ISCCP science team doesn't have expertise with THREDDS servers.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have still have issues with the TDS.
Thanks-
-Ken

p.s. Adding the ISCCP Q&A forum to this thread.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 4:23 PM Robert Pincus <Robert...@colorado.edu> wrote:
Hello -

I would like to use OPeNDAP via Python (http://xarray.pydata.org/en/stable/io.html#opendap) to access the ISCCP HGG Basic files. I’ve not tried to do this before so it’s likely I’m making errors, but I have been unable to see any files via OPeNDAP, e.g. even trying to access the catalog vis "https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/“ returns an error.

Can you tell me if your THREDDS server is configured to allow OPeNDAP access? If so, what’s the URL I should be using to see the ISCCP Basic data, or even the ISCCP Basic HGG data?

Thanks -
---
Robert Pincus
University of Colorado/NOAA Earth System Research Lab
http://cires.colorado.edu/researcher/robert-pincus

--
Ken Knapp, Ph.D.

Meteorologist, Center for Weather and Climate

NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information

151 Patton Ave

Asheville, NC 28801
828-271-4339 (voice) 828-271-4328 (fax)
http://www.cyclonecenter.org/ where your clicks count!

"Leave this world a little better than you found it."
                             ---Baden-Powell's Last Message (1945)

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the official views or policies of NOAA, Department of Commerce, or the US Government.