ISCABBS sharing project

1 view

Tomte

Aug 10, 2006, 10:20:22 PM8/10/06
to isc...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on this pilot project on and off in my spare time
over the past few months. The idea is to use wiki-based web pages to
make it easy for ISCABBS members to share magazines and books with
each other. The wikis provide some permanence that a scrolling forum
does not. Publishing the project on the wiki might also cause people
searching for these items on the web to find ISCABBS, and maybe even
give them an incentive for joining ISCABBS!

Here is a rough draft of my idea put into action on the SF Fantasy
Horror> wiki. My thinking is that each forum that is interested could
run its own little "library" like this on its own wiki.

http://sf.iscabbs.com/pmwiki.php/Main/ShareFiction

I'm looking for suggestions and comments for improving this idea.

Thanks!