Can't get it configured

Jamie Jackson

Jul 26, 2011, 5:51:38 PM7/26/11
to isapi_w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

I configured my site according to the ISAPIWSGIHelper instructions (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ISAPIWSGIHelper/0.1.0), but I still just get a plain site when I browse to it. I'm expecting to see a "Hello World" that is supposed to appear by virtue of following the instructions. I have left the config file "stock."

Could you give me a hand troubleshooting?

I asked for assistance on #python, but I started getting steered down the road of a reverse proxy, and that would be the third path that I'd have tried. However, I'd like to see isapi-wsgi through, if it's a good contender.

Thanks,
Jamie

Jason R. Coombs

Jul 26, 2011, 10:27:33 PM7/26/11
to isapi_w...@googlegroups.com

So I tried ISAPIWSGIHelper for the first time. It was pretty easy. I followed the instructions at the pypi page, and they worked like a charm. I suspect what you’re missing is there’s a whole lot of steps hidden when it says “Then, setup your website or a virtualdirectory with a wildcard mapping that uses isapi-wsgi\\__loader.dll”. To accomplish this:

1)      Open up IIS Manager

2)      Browse to your Default Web Site or create a new one.

3)      Optionally, create a virtual directory in this web site that will host your application. I created one called “/myapp” and gave it a folder of C:\myproj-env where I created the virtualenv.

4)      For the web site or virtual directory, select Handler Mappings.

5)      Add Script Map… to your handler mappings.

6)      For the Request path, enter “*” (wildcard mapping).

7)      For the executable, select the __loader.dll created in your virtual environment.

8)      Give it some name. I used “myapp”.

After I did all of this, I browsed to http://localhost/myapp and it responded “Hello world from ISAPIWSGIHelper!”.

Note that I did already have Python 2.7 64-bit and I’m using Windows 7 64-bit. Double-check that your python bit size matches your IIS bit size (which is probably the same as your Windows bit size).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jason