isapi_wsgi PEP 3333 Compatiability

Mark Rees

Jan 12, 2011, 6:52:38 PM1/12/11
to isapi_w...@googlegroups.com
Today PEP 3333 (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3333/) was accepted. This is an updated version of PEP 333, modified slightly to improve usability under Python 3, and to incorporate several long-standing de-facto amendments to the WSGI protocol. Since isapi_wsgi is PEP 333 compatible under Python 2.x we are in theory compliant with PEP 3333. But when running with Python 3.x, isapi_wsgi must follow the new rules outlined in http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3333/#a-note-on-string-types and http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3333/#unicode-issues. Jason Coombs provided some support for Python 3K back in revision 81 based on the thinking at the time about how WSGI should support Py3k. I am interested in feedback on if we meet the new PEP 3333 requirements with our current implementation and if not how should we best handle it.

Regards,

Mark