Install error

Jorge Sanz

May 19, 2011, 6:38:33 AM5/19/11
to isapi_wsgi-dev, js...@prodevelop.es
Hi all,

I'm having troubles installing even the test app of isapi_wsgi on a
2008r2 with IIS 7.5 server,

I came up to the same error from this thread[1] but installing IIS 6
compatibility tools didn't help so I don't know what else to do. Below
I put the trace but, well I'm not a python dev at all :(

Any clue?

Best regards

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/isapi_wsgi-dev/browse_thread/thread/8fc528ceb1bafcd4/e6060130463d252d?lnk=gst&q=moniker#e6060130463d252d

c:\gis\mapproxy_venv\Lib\site-packages\isapi_wsgi-0.4.2-py2.6-
win32.egg>python isapi_wsgi.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "isapi_wsgi.py", line 567, in <module>
custom_arg_handlers = custom_arg_handlers)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 724, in
HandleCommandLine
handler(conf_module_name, params, options, log)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 615, in
InstallModule
Install(params, options)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 494, in
Install
CreateDirectory(vd, options)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 289, in
CreateDirectory
target_dir = GetObject(FindPath(options, params.Server, parent))
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 144, in
FindPath
return FindWebServer(options, server)+"/ROOT"+name
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 205, in
FindWebServer
server = GetWebServer(server_desc)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 177, in
GetWebServer
path = LocateWebServerPath(description)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 158, in
LocateWebServerPath
iis = GetObject(_IIS_OBJECT)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 72, in GetObject
return Moniker(Pathname, clsctx)
File "C:\PYTHON26\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 87, in Moniker
moniker, i, bindCtx = pythoncom.MkParseDisplayName(Pathname)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221020, 'Sintaxis no v\xe1lida', None,
None)

Randy Syring

May 19, 2011, 10:33:57 AM5/19/11
to isapi_w...@googlegroups.com
You may want to try this:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ISAPIWSGIHelper

It can significantly help with tracking down and troubleshooting errors.

Follow the directions at that URL. When you get to editing appinit.py,
put a basic "Hello World" wsgi app in there and see if that works.

--------------------------------------
Randy Syring
Intelicom
Direct: 502-276-0459
Office: 502-212-9913

For the wages of sin is death, but the
free gift of God is eternal life in
Christ Jesus our Lord (Rom 6:23)

Preston Landers

May 19, 2011, 10:38:53 AM5/19/11
to isapi_w...@googlegroups.com
In the thread you linked, Jason Combs said this was probably a result of not having IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility installed.  The original poster said he installed that and got past this problem.  (He ran into another one but that's possibly unrelated.)

thanks,
Preston

Jorge Sanz

May 19, 2011, 11:02:59 AM5/19/11
to isapi_wsgi-dev

On 19 mayo, 16:38, Preston Landers <pland...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the thread you linked, Jason Combs said this was probably a result of not
> having IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility installed.  The original poster said
> he installed that and got past this problem.  (He ran into another one but
> that's possibly unrelated.)

Thanks, we have that tools installed but the error persists and that's
why I posted on the group :-(

I'll check ISAPIWSGIHelper because on another server here at office I
was able to run the test and the app I want to install (MapProxy)
after installing the compatibility characteristics but not on the
customer production server... yes, it hurts

Cheers
Jorge