[ICAPS] Call for Tutorial Proposals ICAPS 2022

Supriyo Ghosh

Nov 17, 2021, 12:34:31 PM11/17/21
to icaps-co...@googlegroups.com, ai-ro...@googlegroups.com, rl-...@googlegroups.com, is...@googlegroups.com, comp.con...@googlegroups.com
Call for Tutorial Proposals: ICAPS 2022

The Organizing Committee for the 32nd International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2022) invites proposals for its Tutorial Program. Tutorials offer the attendees a review of a specific subfield by a leading expert. Participation in the tutorials is free for all ICAPS participants. ICAPS 2022 will be take place in Singapore, June 19-24, 2022. Depending on the pandemic situation the conference might be partly or completely virtual.

We welcome proposals in all areas related to AI planning and scheduling (P&S), and highly encourage topics that have not appeared in recent ICAPS tutorials. We accept both introductory tutorials, and more advanced tutorials covering recent advances in depth. We explicitly encourage proposals that address techniques of relevance to planning and scheduling, even if planning and scheduling is not the main focus of the proposed tutorial. Proposals could target, for example,

  • relevant techniques in explainable AI for planning and scheduling,
  • techniques that combine reinforcement learning and planning,
  • planning and plan execution for multi-robot systems,
  • relevant techniques in knowledge representation and reasoning,
  • a specific application domain in which planning and scheduling problems arise,
  • search algorithms or heuristic families.
We encourage tutorials that (i) include a hands-on session that can be completed remotely or asynchronously, allowing participants to experiment with useful tools, or (ii) experiment with algorithmic components, to deepen the participants' understanding of the topic. We especially welcome tutorials that collaborate with a workshop, such that the tutorial provides some introductory material that can be later discussed at the workshop.

Tutorial Proposals

Tutorial Submissions should include the tutorial's title, type (advanced or introductory), summary, outline, and expected length (half-day or quarter-day) as well as a short CV of the proposer(s), including a list of significant publications and/or prior tutorial experience. The proposal should not exceed two pages.

Tutorial proposals should be submitted by email, in PDF, to both Tutorial Chairs with subject "Tutorial Proposal for ICAPS-22" no later than March 1st. Organizers of tutorials will be notified by email of the acceptance or rejection of their proposal by March 18th.

Summary of Important Dates

  • Submission of proposal: March 1st, 2022.
  • Notification of tutorial acceptance: March 18th, 2022.
  • Tutorial dates: June 20-21, 2022 (together with Workshops).

Tutorial Program Chairs

Please direct all questions about the tutorial program to the tutorial program chairs.