BII-data-manager installation instructions

Mutlu Dogruel

Apr 19, 2013, 9:17:22 AM4/19/13
to isaf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Following the BII-data-manager installation instructions... My question is about this bit:

==============

navigate the ./BII-data-manager-1.3/config folder and locate the 'data_locations.xml' file.Edit the file as follows:

Set filesystem_path parameter

JDBCPATH=/Users/johnsmith/jdbc_drivers/mysql-connector-java.jar

Set web_url parameter

web_rul=file:///tmp/bii_test_repo/microarray/study_${study-acc}/raw_data

==============

1) There is a bug reported by Glenn on this, but basically, shouldn't the filesystem_path parameter be a local path?

2) There are many filesystem_path parameters in data_locations.xml. Which particular one does the documentation refer to?

3) Typo in "web_rul" above.

4) Also, not very important but perhaps the given example path should be changed to BII-data-mgr-1.5/config instead of BII-data-manager-1.3/config to reflect the latest version ;)

Thanks,

Best regards

Mutlu

ball...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2014, 7:43:52 PM11/13/14
to isaf...@googlegroups.com
I have the same questions.  Was this answered?  I am installing locally on Windows.
Thanks,
David

eamo...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2014, 1:36:02 AM11/14/14
to isaf...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

It was answered but I can't see the reply. Web url should indeed be the url pointed to by the web application. Path would be the file system path where the files are copied to by the manager.

There's also a blog post on the isatools webpage going through this - http://isatools.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/configuring-links-to-data-files-in-the-bii-web-app-in-jboss-5-x/

Let us know if you need anything further!

Eamonn