Sad News

Beckey Cochran

Jun 8, 2024, 2:10:30 PMJun 8
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Everyone:

I am saddened to announce my best friend for the past 60 years, Dan W. Carter, passed away after a  short illness at his home in Las Vegas, NV with his beloved Basenji, Uni by his side on June 1st. Dan was a graduate of Irvin High School in the mighty class of 1969. He graduated from UTEP with a BS degree in 1973 and from Nova Southeastern University with an MS degree in 1994. Dan was preceded in death by his mother Imogene (Jean) and Dan W. Carter, Jr. Dan is survived by his cousin, Jim Carrico of Ledbetter, KY and many close friends he made over the years from grade school to his career as a teacher and later as a successful mortgage broker. Dan loved his fur babies, traveling and moving to new homes to put his decorators touch on. Dan will be cremated and be buried in Las Vegas by his parents. A memorial service will be held in Las Vegas at a later date.

Please keep Dan in your thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace.

Beckey Fain Cochran

Judy McClung

Jun 8, 2024, 2:41:50 PMJun 8
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Beckey,

Thank you for sharing this sad news.  Millie Rivera told me on Wednesday but I didn’t know any details, or if it was gossip and didn’t want to spread it. Would you please share this on the Facebook reunion site too?

I reached out to Dan this past March since he had not posted anything since December and that was not like him. I hope he didn’t suffer too long.

Sorry for your loss. I lost my friend Debbie White over a year ago and know the void it leaves.

Judy

Beckey Cochran

Jun 8, 2024, 2:46:07 PMJun 8
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Judy:

I just posted it to the reunion site. I also posted on my FB page with Dan tagged. I knew some people were not on the list serv. I am devastated and sad so I know how you feel about  losing Debbie White.

Beckey
Sent from my iPad

gspo...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2024, 4:19:51 PMJun 8
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com

I’ve really missed his posts on facebook and figured something big was wrong.

This hurts.  Dan was one of the nicest guys I’ve ever known (since seventh grade, actually).  He was always reaching out to me with articles and photos from my part of Texas (Houston).  So thoughtful.

I’m so sorry, Beckey.  I know you were close.  I’m glad he will be buried near his parents.

Gloria (Susie)

Dottye Pierce

Jun 8, 2024, 4:34:26 PMJun 8
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
I had thinking about Dan. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I know this is difficult for you Beckey. Hugs and prayers for his family and you. I've had Some losses this year and can feel your pain.

Dottye Pierce

Beckey Cochran

Jun 8, 2024, 7:24:37 PMJun 8
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Susie. We communicated every day. Miss texts & emails from him. We were traveling buddies after Bob died. I spent Thanksgiving in Vegas with him, Dan flew into Charleston and came to beach for 2 weeks with me and spent 2 weeks with me in the summer at the beach. My grandchildren called him Uncle Dan. He could be crotchety like Bob could be with him.

Beckey
Sent from my iPhone

Beckey Cochran

Jun 8, 2024, 7:25:56 PMJun 8
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Dottye:

So sorry you had some losses this year. I will miss his daily texts or calls. We always had fun together.

Beckey
Sent from my iPhone

Melodee Smith

Jun 11, 2024, 10:28:07 AMJun 11
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Classmates - so very saddened to hear.  Dealing with my own grief since the loss of my husband last year I hadn't realized the loss of Dan on facebook.  He had been so kind to me since connecting at recent reunions. It's an eye opener,  I remember when my dear father would comment about spending much of his time at memorials and funerals,  I guess that is now our generation.  Becky hugs and prayers for His peace for you now,  I realized the closeness you shared and am so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Dan.

Melodee Smith-Jumge

Beckey Cochran

Jun 11, 2024, 11:54:31 AMJun 11
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Melody. So sorry to learn of the loss of your husband last year; it is hard to deal with it and move on after the loss of a spouse. Time makes it easier but you never get over the hole in your heart it leaves.

Beckey
Sent from my iPhone

Judy McClung

Jun 11, 2024, 3:22:39 PMJun 11
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Melodie,

I’m sorry for the loss of your husband. It is so difficult losing so many of our friends and relatives.

Hugs,
Judy

Melodee Smith

Jun 12, 2024, 1:40:24 PMJun 12
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, the hole swallows me up.  Thank God for my church family.  They really help me with the loneliness.
Dan was such a good faithful close friend of yours.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Hard to believe - he was such a creative and fun person.

Blessings and hugs again dear.

Melodee

Beckey Cochran

Jun 13, 2024, 4:52:46 PMJun 13
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Time heals the loss, Melody. So glad you have your church family to help. My friends and family were such support.🥰🙏

Beckey
Sent from my iPhone