. . . and then there were 4

Roldan Vea

Mar 24, 2024, 8:28:44 AMMar 24
to Irvin-Alumni
As you all know, since 1966 UTEP (TWC) has the distinction of being the only Texas team to win the NCAA Collegiate Championship in basketball.

In the 2024 version of the championship - there were 6 Texas teams in the dance.
- Texas
- Houston (was ranked #1 in the nation for awhile)
- Texas A&M
- Texas Tech
- Texas Christian
- Baylor

As of yesterday - UT and TCU were eliminated.  Houston plays A&M today and Baylor and Tech will also play.  Winners will advance to the round of Sweet 16.

Lots of us hope that UTEP (TWC) maintains that honor as do I but I also wish that some other school other than the Kentucky's, Dukes, Connecticuts take the trophy.  I would like to see some 16-seed from a small conference take it all just like UTEP (TWC) did some 58 years ago.

Judy McClung

Mar 24, 2024, 9:07:19 AMMar 24
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
Baylor won the championship in 2021.

Beckey Cochran

Mar 24, 2024, 10:15:01 AMMar 24
to irvin-...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Ron would like to see some new teams win the championship.

Beckey
Sent from my iPhone