Import LDAP users into IR+

Chopperlink

Jun 26, 2012, 12:22:34 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to import users from our LDAP server into IR+. I know that each user has to have an account on the IR+ server in order to access IR+ with their username and password from the LDAP system. Is there a way to quickly create an account for all of the users?

Nate Sarr

Jun 26, 2012, 4:28:23 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately no - we have not implemented anything like this yet.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Chopperlink <choppe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to import users from our LDAP server into IR+. I know that each user has to have an account on the IR+ server in order to access IR+ with their username and password from the LDAP system. Is there a way to quickly create an account for all of the users?

Ryan McConnell

Jun 26, 2012, 4:33:25 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to copy the user data into the _m.cfs file under the user_index in the ir_plus data file using a script?

Nate Sarr

Jun 26, 2012, 4:38:59 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
I think you would have to do a few things :

You would probably start with inserting them into the IR+ database (postgres).  As they get added you would have to re-index all of the user information.  The user_index you are referring to is a Lucene index which is used for searching and is managed by the application.  I think you would need to write a java import system that set up all the stuff you need in IR+ and notify the users that their accounts had been created and then have them log in and update the needed info and agree to the license.

Ryan McConnell

Jun 26, 2012, 5:05:43 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Ok, well this is just a test run, I don't want to email all of these people (There are quite a lot of people in this list). How do you add all of their info onto Postgres?

Nate Sarr

Jun 26, 2012, 7:11:40 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Ok - you can contact me off list and we can talk about what your options would be.

-Nate

Ryan McConnell

Jun 28, 2012, 9:08:21 AM6/28/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com