Turning off user self-registrations

Paul Hoffman

Jan 28, 2011, 1:25:31 PM1/28/11
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to turn off user self-registrations altogether? I don't
know that we will want to, but if we can it would be good to know that.

Paul.

--
Paul Hoffman <pa...@flo.org>
Systems Librarian

Nate Sarr

Jan 28, 2011, 2:27:28 PM1/28/11
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

    Currently there is no way to disable user self-registration.

-Nate

mnazi

Sep 11, 2012, 9:56:55 AM9/11/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Paul,

Just revisiting - any change in status to this? I ask because we have enabled ldap authentication with active directory and we would want disable this.

As a dirty workaround we have made all affiliations require verification :-( ...

mnazi

Sep 11, 2012, 9:58:17 AM9/11/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry meant to address this to Nate ..

Nate Sarr

Sep 11, 2012, 2:03:38 PM9/11/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
We do not have a way to disable user self registration because that would prevent any users who are not part of the university from being able to subscribe to collections allowing them to receive email updates when new content is added.

We only require approval for faculty, staff and post docs.  All others just have a general account where they can register for email updates.

In your case would you not need this functionalty or would you prefer a different way for general users to register to receive this data?

-Nate

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/irplus/-/yYT25QZc6QYJ.