not crawling all the pages of website

Aj

Jan 6, 2014, 5:12:25 AM1/6/14
to iron...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lava,

I have just started using IronWASP.

When I am using it for a certain website, it is not crawling all the pages of that particular web site. Instead staying on Home Page only.
Possible reasons could be :
a) Dot net framework is not there.But it is not throwing dot net framework error.
b) May be all the pages are accessible only after getting authenticated.

Can you please give me a demo of "how to create a session plugin for login functionality" for a demo website(e.g. Demo.testfire.net) .
So that i can use it in the website i am scanning for.

P.S. Have used it successfully for Demo.testfire.net

Thank you.

Lavakumar Kuppan

Jan 7, 2014, 4:56:36 AM1/7/14
to iron...@googlegroups.com, frien...@gmail.com
Hi,

If IronWASP works properly on demo.testfire.net then .NET framework and other dependencies are properly installed.

The effectiveness of the crawler depends on a number of factors. If the site has a lot of Ajax content then the crawler generally does a poor job.
Another common issue is when the home page performs a redirect.
For example if I enter google.com in my browser it will eventually get redirected to https://www.google.co.in. This domain is different than the one I entered earlier so the crawler consider it to be out of scope and does not proceed further. The solution in cases like this is to enter the final url in IronWASP (eg: https://www.google.co.in) rather than the initial one.

Good news is that I am currently working on a new crawler that handles Ajax heavy sites extremely well. Also the next version will have a login recording mechanism so you won't have to create session plugins in most cases. Hopefully these features should be made public within a week's time if development goes as per plan.

I will drop you a line when the new version is released.

Thanks,
Lava

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted