Automated script

Hiroshi Nishida

Jul 30, 2014, 1:06:47 PM7/30/14
to iron...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to use IronWASP as an automated script like a Unix command or shell script?
For example,

% IronWASP.exe http://example.com report-example.com.txt

where http://example.com is a target URL and report-example.com.txt is a result report.

I know that IronWASP is a GUI program, but I like its speed, detection accuracy and well formatted outputs.
It would be very helpful if such a command line option were available.
Actually, I like IronWASP much better than Unix base command programs like arachini or skipfish, and am trying to replace them.

Thank you.

--
Hiroshi Nishida

Lavakumar Kuppan

Aug 14, 2014, 7:00:42 AM8/14/14
to iron...@googlegroups.com, Hiroshi Nishida
Hi Hiroshi,

Sorry about the delayed response, there was a problem with my mailbox filters recently so this didn't get picked up.

It would be hard to turn IronWASP in to CLI program but what I can do is expose a REST API that you can call from a command line script to achieve the same objective.
I will look in to how this can be done and will try to add it in the upcoming release.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks,
Lava

prasanna.k

Aug 14, 2014, 9:11:14 AM8/14/14
to iron...@googlegroups.com, Hiroshi Nishida

Dude

How would u expose objects like a request over a rest. Just a humble question.

Though I love the idea of  rest as it would allow usage using curl.

PK

Lavakumar Kuppan

Aug 14, 2014, 10:26:28 AM8/14/14
to iron...@googlegroups.com, Hiroshi Nishida, >>>Loving My PC and amazing Internet<<<
Good question Prasanna, it would be tricky and not every intuitive to expose objects over REST. Instead the idea is to expose functionality.

For example you want to find our the response code for the Proxy log ID 32 over REST then that is something you can add easily even in the current version of IronWASP.
There will be a file named ApiScript.py in that file you need to add the following lines:

def get_res_code(req, res):
  sess = Session.FromLog(int(req.Query.Get("log_id")), req.Query.Get("log_type"))
  res.BodyString = str(sess.Response.Code)

ApiCallHandler.AddHandler("/py/get_response_code", get_res_code)

After adding it if you restart IronWASP and visit http://localhost:8081/ironwasp/api/ then you must see '/ironwasp/api/custom/py/get_response_code' as one of the recognized REST APIs. Please note I am using 8081 in the URL since it is the default port on which IronWASP listens, if you have started it in a different URL then you need to enter that port number instead.

then the response will contain the response code in its body.

This way you can add your own REST API to IronWASP based on your requirement.
I added this as an experimental feature so never documented it. But lately these has been quite a few requests for REST support so I am considering adding built-in REST APIs for common actions like the one requested by Hiroshi and for the others provide documentation so that people can add their own extension to the API.

What do you think? :)

Hiroshi Nishida

Aug 22, 2014, 11:17:10 AM8/22/14
to iron...@googlegroups.com, nishi...@gmail.com
Lava,

Thank you for your response and I apologize for my late reply.

It would be hard to turn IronWASP in to CLI program but what I can do is expose a REST API that you can call from a command line script to achieve the same objective.

That will be probably enough though I don't completely understand it.

I will look in to how this can be done and will try to add it in the upcoming release.

That sounds awesome.

Anyway, I will try the current REST API when I have time.

Thank you.