Proxy not working

freewill

Sep 19, 2012, 9:27:50 AM9/19/12
to iron...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have installed the latest version of Ironwasp on Windows 7 Home.  During testing I have found that proxy is not working.  it is listening on the port specified and also receiving traffic, shown under proxy logs yet no response is sent back.

I want to test a mobile application which works on Https, I am not sure if the IronWasp can provide me root CA, which once installed decrypts the later traffic.

Any advice how to make proxy work?

Regards

Lavakumar Kuppan

Sep 19, 2012, 10:28:47 AM9/19/12
to iron...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

IronWASP uses FiddlerCore for proxying and so you can add the cert as a CA this way - http://fiddler.wikidot.com/fiddlercore-faq

On your first question, if you see entries in the Proxy Log area then it means the Proxy is working. There might be a connectivy issue instead.

1) Do you see any responses in the Proxy log, or is it just requests?
2) Can you try sending one of the captured requests to the target from the Manual Testing section and check if you get a response from the server?

Cheers,
Lava

freewill

Sep 19, 2012, 11:49:24 AM9/19/12
to iron...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lav,

Thanks for quick reply. Earlier I was seeing only the request in Proxy log, there are few other entries, please note it is populated after much delayed.  proxy is set and running I have telneted the port.
I have tried manual testing and see the immediate response and it is also shown under Test Logs, which I believe is normal.

I have not checked the system proxy but configured it in Firefox manually

I am using your latest version i.e. 0.9.1.5

Regards

freewill

Sep 19, 2012, 1:21:07 PM9/19/12
to iron...@googlegroups.com
One more thing, once proxy is running, how to use upstream socks proxy with it

Regards

Lavakumar Kuppan

Sep 19, 2012, 1:40:04 PM9/19/12
to iron...@googlegroups.com
A delay of few seconds is normal, that's how the updating system is designed.

Since you get a response in the Manual Testing section it implies that the server is reachable and so the proxy should have no trouble forwarding the response back to the client.

You problem is that you are not able to see the response rendered inside Firefox right? Can you check the proxy logs and see if the responses are 200 OKs and that they have some content in the response body.

Lavakumar Kuppan

Sep 19, 2012, 1:41:27 PM9/19/12
to iron...@googlegroups.com
At the moment IronWASP does not support socks proxy, for that you might have to chain it with another tool like Burp proxy if that supports socks.