IronJS vs JScript 10

Milosz Kukla

Jul 10, 2011, 3:36:20 AM7/10/11
to iro...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I would like to ask what are differences (excluding using of DLR) between JScript 10.0 and IronJS? How their .net access approaches differ? Tell me please, is JScript 10.0 alive at all and which version of ECMA does it implement?

Btw. Is there some documentation or sample code for IronJS?

Thank you a lot and best wishes,

Milosz

Fredrik Holmström

Jul 14, 2011, 11:33:45 AM7/14/11
to IronJS
Hi!

To the best of my knowledge JScript 10.0 is not "alive" in the sense
that a lot of new development effort is put into it from microsoft,
all of the base classes you use for running JScript that can be found
in Microsoft.JScript are marked as deprecated.

IronJS is sagnificantly faster then JScript also, although I think
JScript currently has more features.