Missing identifier when using IronJS to run CoffeeScript compiler

Ivan Towlson

Jun 21, 2011, 7:10:16 PM6/21/11
to IronJS
Hi guys,

Nice work so far on IronJS -- very glad to have come across it and
hoping I can use it to replace the hacked-together solution I'm using
at the moment.

I ran into an issue when running the CoffeeScript compiler. It seems
to be related to issue 39, https://github.com/fholm/IronJS/issues/39,
which is marked as closed, so I'm not sure whether this is a different
issue. My CoffeeScript source looks like this:

id = (x) -> x

and under IronJS it compiles to this:

(function() {
var ;
id = function(x) {
return x;
};
}).call(this);

As you can see there's a var ; on the second line which should be var
id;. Everything else looks right.

It looks like you already have test scripts for invoking the
CoffeeScript compiler but I can put this into the form of a test if it
would help.

Once again thanks for the excellent work!

Cheers,
Ivan

Fredrik Holmström

Jun 21, 2011, 7:14:56 PM6/21/11
to iro...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

First, Thanks for all the kind words!

I will make sure to look into what's going on here, I'm surprised that the CoffeScript compiler is giving us so much trouble.
One question thought: Are you using 0.2 or the latest master?

Regards,
Fredrik Holmström

Ivan Towlson

Jun 21, 2011, 7:35:08 PM6/21/11
to IronJS
I *believe* I'm using the latest master. But I'm totally new to git
so I may have messed up somewhere. I did a 'clone' about an hour ago,
and the TortoiseGIT log shows a commit from John Gietzen dated 20 June
2011 (ec7d1cbff5d3100ad0c0d89b4ea3fef6e425e0d3). I did previously
have a build of 0.2 on my machine, but I have deleted that so
hopefully I can't be picking it up by mistake...

On Jun 22, 11:14 am, Fredrik Holmström
<fredrik.johan.holmst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will make sure to look into what's going on here, I'm surprised that the
> CoffeScript compiler is giving us so much trouble.
> *One question thought: **Are you using 0.2 or the latest master?*
> *

John Gietzen

Jun 21, 2011, 7:35:35 PM6/21/11
to iro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'll look in to it tonight.

Fredrik Holmström

Jun 21, 2011, 7:36:29 PM6/21/11
to iro...@googlegroups.com
Then you should be using the latest master.
Also thanks for looking into it John, I gotta head to bed now (1.30 am here, sleepy)

Regards,
Fredrik Holmström

John Gietzen

Jun 21, 2011, 10:28:42 PM6/21/11
to iro...@googlegroups.com
I am indeed still seeing this issue in the latest version.  Can I get you to open a bug report on Github.com?

Thanks,
John Gietzen