Rough roadmap in github issue tracker

Stefano Maestri

Aug 10, 2016, 9:27:13 AM8/10/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Hi all, I've inserted issues for next 3 releases in github issue tracker.
Please have a look, comment or discuss them in this post if you think we need anything more than this or even if we need more details on those issues.
Note some of them will be detailed when they will be picked up and analyzed.
I'll try a rough estimate by the end of this week, trying to set due dates for each milestone.
Finally, I haven't assigned any issue to anyone at the moment, because I would prefer developers and contributors pick up issues they want to work to in a more agile style.

any feedback is more than welcome

regards
S.

Jesper Pedersen

Aug 10, 2016, 3:00:58 PM8/10/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Looks good - Beta1 focus on resource adapters, Beta2 focus on data sources and then WildFly focus.

There will probably be a few iterations between Beta2 and Final in order to finalize WildFly integration, especially if more advanced cases such as partial deployments should be supported.

Once the project gets further along it will become more clear what the value-add of IronJacamar 2.x will be over IronJacamar 1.x in terms of Enterprise Edition integration, so the DeploymentRepository will become key by then.

I think it is ok to aim for 2.0 as 1.2 functionality with the new architecture and some new use-cases. The rest can come at a later point, e.g. 2.x releases.

Best regards,
 Jesper

Stefano Maestri

Aug 11, 2016, 4:27:36 AM8/11/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Hi Jesper,

thanks for your feedbacks.
I've added a Milestone called 2.x to keep track of ideas/features for next releas aiming to schedule them in proper milestones later. I've put Partial deployment there for now.

regards
S.