Janitor

Jesper Pedersen

Apr 4, 2016, 9:06:25 AM4/4/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Hi,

IronJacamar 2.0 will feature a janitor concept - the initial commit is https://github.com/ironjacamar/ironjacamar/commit/c0101c9bf84cd901a7d54fb2d52ca667fbd04945

The janitor will responsible for keeping track of all connection listeners, and all incoming requests. Thereby allowing run-time access to those areas for administrators.

So, the janitor has also been exposed in the deployment repository for each deployment, and currently allows the administrator to see stack traces of pending requests, all used connection listeners, and even allow to kill a specific connection listener if it appears "stuck".

As there is overhead of this tracking there are two implementation of the janitor - "minimal" only tracks pending requests, while "full" tracks everything.

There will likely be additional use-cases for the janitor in the future - feel free suggest one or more :)

Comments, feedback, ... is welcome !

Best regards,
 Jesper

Stefano Maestri

Apr 5, 2016, 5:28:29 AM4/5/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Hi,

I think it's a good concept to add helping a lot administrator tasks.
It have to be integrated into WildFly DMR for sure at some point. I'll try to spend a bit of (spare) time at least figuring out how to integrate it and I'll return here with feedback.

regards
S.