Rar deployer protection for jar (#560)

Flavia Rainone

Sep 28, 2016, 3:09:59 PM9/28/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Okay, opening a new topic with a more appropriate title for issue #560.

I looked into the code, and I ended up in the methods AbstractFungalRADeployer.isRarFile and isRarDirectory:
https://github.com/fl4via/ironjacamar/commit/2995ac7365e3b6b53981a02f2f74ffaa14fff59d

However, there is something odd, which makes me wonder if I'm on the right track. Looking at the commit I need to port:
https://github.com/ironjacamar/ironjacamar/pull/559/commits/df36a01cdcd440ba7f88269b9ea8b011353f403d

I see that files that ended with "rar/" were filtered out. But in the code base, isRarDirectory is accepted by all deployers. Is this correct?

Stefano Maestri

Sep 29, 2016, 4:56:12 AM9/29/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Hi Flavia,

AbstractFungalRADeployer is the correct place to put your changes, just don't change validation issue, because it's not matter of validation but how deployers would accept deployments.
Regarding directory, it's ok since IJ has a bit more abstraction in deployers and it's up to subclasses of this AbstractFungalRADeployer refine their accepts() method.

I'm hoping this would answer your questions, otherwise feel free to ask.

regards
S.

Flavia Rainone

Oct 5, 2016, 2:30:35 AM10/5/16
to IronJacamar Developers
Hi Stefano

Yes, that answers all my questions, I'll make a PR.

Thanks!
Flavia