Automating removal of unwanted files

Gokul Ram

Jun 5, 2024, 7:06:50 AMJun 5
to iRODS-Chat
Hi

I have an iRODS 4.3.1 running on my Ubuntu 22.04 server.
We are continuously adding data to the server.
Along with the needed data we also have some intermediate files that we would like to remove periodically.
Is there any methods or recommendations for a cronjob type of setup where the job will parse through all the directories and files in iRODS, identify the unwanted files by pattern matching and remove them automatically?

Thanks and regards
 Gokul

Terrell Russell

Jun 5, 2024, 7:12:45 AMJun 5
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gokul,

Yes, you can write a rule to do anything you want in the system.   And put it into the delay queue to run forever.

Terrell

The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) - https://irods.org

iROD-Chat: http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat
---