issue compiling irods with containers

Jean-Yves Nief

Jun 18, 2024, 10:19:29 AMJun 18
to irod...@googlegroups.com
hello,

            I am used to compile irods for CentOS7 and RHEL9 for
various irods releases and lately (one month ago) for 4.3.2. It has been
working fine so far.
However, I hit an issue yesterday while recompiling irods v4.3.2 without
changing anything to the procedure I've been having for quite some time:
> git clone https://github.com/irods/irods_development_environment
> git clone --branch 4.3.2 https://github.com/irods/irods_client_icommands
> git clone --branch 4.3.2 https://github.com/irods/irods
> mkdir irods_build_output icommands_build_output irods_package_output
> cd irods_development_environment
> docker run --rm -v /irods/release4.3.2_misc/irods:/irods:ro -v
/irods/release4.3.2_misc/irods_build_output:/irods_build -v
/irods/release4.3.2_misc/irods_client_icommands:/icommands_source:ro -v
/irods/release4.3.2_misc/icommands_build_output:/icommands_build -v
/irods/release4.3.2_misc/irods_package_output:/irods_packages
irods-core-builder-centos7
It is going through the entire compilation and linking without any
problem. However, the lib version does not correspond to 4.3.2. I have
stuff like this:
libirods_server.so.4.90.0
And this is the end of the output for the core builder container:
Installed:
  irods-devel.x86_64 0:4.90.0-0.el7     irods-runtime.x86_64
0:4.90.0-0.el7

Complete!
beginning build of iCommands
+ echo =========================================
+ echo 'beginning build of iCommands'
+ echo =========================================
+ [[ ! -d /icommands_source ]]
+ mkdir -p /icommands_build
+ cd /icommands_build
+ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE=ON
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DIRODS_ENABLE_ADDRESS_SANITIZER=NO
/icommands_source
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package):
  Could not find a configuration file for package "IRODS" that exactly
  matches requested version "4.3.2".

  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

    /usr/lib/irods/cmake/IRODSConfig.cmake, version: 4.90.0
    /lib/irods/cmake/IRODSConfig.cmake, version: 4.90.0

Looks like I am producing libs which have nothing to do with the release
I am working with. I guess it comes from some component created on the
fly for building the container and which are downloaded. But I don't see
how to fix this. And I did not touch anything. It looks like as if I was
working with the head.
The libraries are unusable.
thanks in advance for any suggestion,
JY

jam...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2024, 12:22:46 PMJun 18
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Good morning!

It appears you are mounting the irods source at the wrong location in the container. It should be /irods_source, not /irods. The build script will check out the git repository itself if it can't find the source in the right place.

Thanks,
Markus

The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) - https://irods.org

 iROD-Chat:  http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat
---

Jean-Yves Nief

Jun 19, 2024, 10:55:25 AMJun 19
to irod...@googlegroups.com, jam...@gmail.com
hello Markus,

            you've got good eyes ! That was it: bad copy paste.
thanks!
JY