DMS NTCIP and SNMP

Jacob

Nov 27, 2017, 4:46:31 PM11/27/17
to iris
We have a Wanco DMS (WTMMB-10) that is configured with IRIS, but the controller is experiencing read timed out errors (even with exceptionally long timeouts). The sign is NTCIP-compliant, and is set to work with Class B protocol on our comm link (HDLC on hardware side, its hardware settings menu has HDLC Mode/Address section) and appropriate community settings. The comm link is established (blue), but not so for the controller.

Does IRIS require certain hardware-side configurations to work with NTCIP? The Wanco sign allows for the changing of the HDLC Mode (aka SNMP data comm mode) to either PMPP, PPP or raw SNMP... is one preferable to others for working with IRIS? Does IRIS have any other restrictions, e.g. a required baud setting?

Has anyone else had success with a Wanco DMS?

Regards,

Jacob

Michael Darter

Nov 27, 2017, 10:59:26 PM11/27/17
to iris
Hi Jacob, maybe try snmpwalk first. Once that is working, then turn to IRIS. I've had some minor NTCIP 1203 Wanco issues, all resolved. Some were dependent on the firmware version.
Michael