installation Iris

Antonina Veleyasneva

Jun 4, 2020, 10:00:54 AM6/4/20
to IRIS ATMS
Hello
Could you help me with solving several problems?
How to install Apache - separately or from distribution of Iris?
When we are installation Apache separately, an error occurred
chown: invalid user: ‘apache:apache’

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Jun 4, 2020, 10:51:59 AM6/4/20
to iri...@googlegroups.com
First, what Linux distribution are you using?

It should be possible to run IRIS on any of them, but it is easiest to use Fedora.  The installation instructions are at https://mnit-rtmc.github.io/iris/installation.html#install-iris.  At least with Fedora, this step will automatically install dependencies, including Apache.

-Doug Lau

Jun 5, 2020, 3:10:10 AM6/5/20
to IRIS ATMS
We using Fedora, but Apache was not installed automatically, does this mean that we need to install it separately? Will any dependencies be violated in this case?

четверг, 4 июня 2020 г., 17:51:59 UTC+3 пользователь Doug Lau написал:
First, what Linux distribution are you using?

It should be possible to run IRIS on any of them, but it is easiest to use Fedora.  The installation instructions are at https://mnit-rtmc.github.io/iris/installation.html#install-iris.  At least with Fedora, this step will automatically install dependencies, including Apache.

-Doug Lau

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Jun 5, 2020, 8:35:02 AM6/5/20
to iri...@googlegroups.com

The dnf command at the link I referenced should install Apache, as well as OpenJDK and PostgreSQL.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/irisits/59c233b7-5cc4-49db-ba44-29f044975d92o%40googlegroups.com.

Antonina Veleyasneva

Jun 10, 2020, 3:00:48 AM6/10/20
to IRIS ATMS
Could you give some information on how to manually install and configure apache, and everything connected with it for working with iris. When using the "dnf install iris ..." command, apache was not installed.

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Jun 10, 2020, 8:33:28 AM6/10/20
to iri...@googlegroups.com

In Fedora (and Red Hat), the apache server is packaged as “httpd”, and not “apache”.  Can you check if that package is installed?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/irisits/50b90660-8658-48f5-a10b-47c57aaacbf2o%40googlegroups.com.

antonina.v...@codeinside.ru

Jun 11, 2020, 5:15:58 AM6/11/20
to IRIS ATMS
photo_2020-06-11_11-04-29.jpg

HTTPD is installed and working, IRIS service also works, but nothing is available on the web interface, tell me what else you need to check

2.jpg
3.jpg

среда, 10 июня 2020 г. в 15:33:28 UTC+3, Doug Lau:

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Jun 11, 2020, 8:42:23 AM6/11/20
to iri...@googlegroups.com

Can you try using the loopback address, 127.0.0.1?  If that works, you probably have a network configuration problem of some kind.

I also noticed apache is reporting error AH000558, saying it can’t determine the FQDN.  You can search online how to fix that.

-Doug

From: iri...@googlegroups.com [mailto:iri...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Antonina Veleyasneva