import osm data error

Mehdi BigBoss

Aug 31, 2021, 3:44:33 PM8/31/21
to IRIS ATMS
hello everyone,

After downloading osm.pbf file of my country, when i try to import the file on the postgre database, i get this error :

[root@fedora ~]# su --login postgres
[postgres@fedora ~]$
[postgres@fedora ~]$
[postgres@fedora ~]$ time osm2pgsql -v --number-processes=8 -d osm -s --drop --multi-geometry ./morocco-latest.osm.pbf
2021-08-31 20:24:11  osm2pgsql version 1.4.1
2021-08-31 20:24:11  ERROR: Connecting to database failed: FATAL:  database "osm" does not exist

do i have to creat the "osm" database, or i have to change something in the import command.

thank you in advance

Mehdi BigBoss

Sep 1, 2021, 7:37:20 AM9/1/21
to IRIS ATMS
dear team,

the mapping tutorial https://mnit-rtmc.github.io/iris/mapping.html is obsolete, a  lot files are no longer available on internet like 'world_boundaries-spherical.tgz'.

is there any recent tutorial to generate maps for IRIS ?

Thank you

Chris Brown

Sep 1, 2021, 9:33:55 PM9/1/21
to iri...@googlegroups.com
I would also appreciate updated instructions. I had to hack my way though the install and ended up giving up when I got to trying to generate maps.

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Sep 2, 2021, 8:45:31 AM9/2/21
to iri...@googlegroups.com
I have not tried to generate map tiles in a long time, so I guess things have changed.  In the past, it was possible to use a tile provider such as openstreetmap, but it was a bit slow.  Maybe you could set up a proxy server to cache the tiles in your region?

-Doug Lau

Sep 2, 2021, 1:23:05 PM9/2/21
to IRIS ATMS
it's a good idea,

how can we set this ? i tried to edit the "iris-client.properties" as following :

Capture.PNG

but it didn't work for me

thank you

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Sep 2, 2021, 1:46:08 PM9/2/21
to iri...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to add a. b. or c. before tile.openstreetmap.org.

Also, please follow the usage policy: https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

-Doug Lau

Sep 2, 2021, 2:52:52 PM9/2/21
to iri...@googlegroups.com
It works for me in a web browser: http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/1/1/0.png

Maybe the server rejects user agents which haven't been allow-listed.

-Doug Lau

Sent: Thursday, September 2, 2021 1:46 PM

Mehdi BigBoss

Sep 2, 2021, 3:17:49 PM9/2/21
to IRIS ATMS
yes in web browser it works also for me.

i think iris http agent is missing one of the rules bellow

Capture.PNG

i tried this provider  http://tile.memomaps.de/tilegen/  , it worked  for me.   unfortunately, it does not include my country ( morocco)

Thank you Again.

El Mehdi

abdel elkettani

Sep 2, 2021, 3:29:26 PM9/2/21
to iri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mehdi,

I stumbled on the same problem as you when I installed IRIS.
Open street map is an open source so what I did is I installed an open street map server on another virtual machine and it's working fine for me with no lag or delay.
I used this procedure to do it. I hope it can help you.

Have a good day.

Mehdi BigBoss

Sep 2, 2021, 4:27:14 PM9/2/21
to IRIS ATMS
Hi abdel,

After exploring many ways to generate tiles, i think i will use the procedure that you posted. I'm donwloading now ubuntu :-)

I saw it yesterday, but i was not sure it will work.

Thank you and have good day too.

Message has been deleted

Dương Trần

Nov 4, 2021, 12:10:56 AM11/4/21
to IRIS ATMS

Hi  abdel and every one,
I tried to  install an open street map server on another virtual machine like you and I modified line map.tile.url=http://my-server in iris-client.properties file , but it did not work.
What should I do now ?
Help me please !!!!

Vào lúc 03:27:14 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Sáu, 3 tháng 9, 2021, elmehd...@gmail.com đã viết:
photo_2021-11-04_11-09-02.jpg

Andrew Constantine

Mar 29, 2022, 5:39:37 PM3/29/22
to IRIS ATMS
Hello all,

Looks like I'm faced with building a local instance of and openstreetmap server. Alternatively has anyone tried to use arcgis to serve the map information iris is looking for, our in-house GIS crew is willing to help if possible.