Iris 5.23.0

abdel

Aug 27, 2021, 4:32:27 PM8/27/21
to IRIS ATMS
Hi,
I tried to install the mayfly service but when it comes to cargo build --release step it gives me an error E0463 (see picture) is it normal?

thank you and have a good day
eror.PNG

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Aug 27, 2021, 4:45:11 PM8/27/21
to iri...@googlegroups.com
This error means that the musl target is not installed.  This is used for static linking, which makes it portable between linux variants.  There are a few ways to fix this:

  1. Install the musl target with "rustup target add x86_64-unknown-linux-musl" (static link)
  2. Add "--target x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" to the cargo build command (dynamic linking)
  3. Remove .cargo/config before running cargo build (dynamic linking)
I will update the instructions, thanks!

-Doug Lau

Sep 1, 2021, 6:22:59 PM9/1/21
to IRIS ATMS
Hi Doug,

Thanks for the answer, I tried option #2 and it worked fine.
I can operate IRIS just fine.
I still have a little problem that I just can't seem to understand completely, I did the same setup in my lab that I did with previous versions. I have a vehicle detector online and linked with IRIS. that part is working. the part that is not working is the traffic layer. it's still gray even if my detector is detecting vehicles. I also see that the XML file det_sample.xml have good data. but all I can see is the time is not the same in my irisserver/iris_xml and the real time. also in my java console I don't see iris trying to look at the xml files like the previous versions.

Thank you and have a good day.

Lau, Douglas (MNIT)

Sep 2, 2021, 8:40:31 AM9/2/21
to iri...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked the tdxml.detector.url​ property in /etc/iris/iris-client.properties​?  (also, after making changes to that file, you need to restart the server)

-Doug Lau

Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 5:22 PM
To: IRIS ATMS <iri...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Iris 5.23.0