GIS Data

David Runneals

Nov 30, 2015, 1:20:12 PM11/30/15
to iris
Is there a way to create the r_nodes and other data outside of the software and then load it into the database? And if so, is there a place for the database/schema documentation (such as field names, aliases, and descriptions)? We have GIS data that already would have most of the attributes as line segments for a COTS TMS package that we're currently using, but would like to try and use the same data and just run some transformers with FME/ESRI to make it fit into your schema.

Thanks,
David

Michael Darter

Nov 30, 2015, 1:25:49 PM11/30/15
to iris
Yes, you can load the database tables directly. Of course, be careful with the dependencies (which are explicitly defined). Restart the IRIS server after loading new data via psql.
Documentation: use psql (/d table-name) or look at the schema files in the sql directory.

David Runneals

Nov 30, 2015, 2:59:56 PM11/30/15
to iris
We don't have it installed yet. Is there a way someone could get me the schema documentation files (specifically for the road topology/segments) for the newest version of IRIS or that I could get them from the website without having to go through the process of setting them up? I'm working on writing a draft of a project scope document and don't really have the ability to set up a full test environment right now.

Also, It seems like IRIS only ingests points as the road topology, is that correct? Would it accept lines like our current TMS software does?

Thanks,
David

Michael Darter

Nov 30, 2015, 4:35:01 PM11/30/15
to iris
Yes, you can look at all the files via the Mercurial repository. Here is the schema...

Other sql files here...

And in case you haven't seen the Admin Guide...

Best, Michael